Pageviews past week

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Flapping in the Balmy Breezes

November 3rd and it's a scorcher today!  I was riding my bike home from dropping my daughter at preschool this morning and when I was half way home I saw a little white golf cart go whizzing by me.  All I could see was the head of an enormous Basset Hound and these fantastically long ears the length of another small dog flapping in the breeze.  What a great life this dog had- I had to remind myself that I was not living in the movie "Pleasantville."   :-)

I don't think the dogs of Coronado understand how good they really have it.  They will never experience what it's like to take your first walk of the day and sink half a leg into a snowbank.  No cars screeching by will ever splash them with icy cold muddy water.  They will wake up to sun an average of 320 days a year and they have their own private designated beach just for them.  Most store owners leave big bowls of water at the entrances and some even provide big jars of dog bone treats, too!  Does it really get better than that in a dog's world?

A good friend in Massachusetts told me they got hit with the first deep freeze of the year today and she was scrambling to figure out where they put the winter coats.  Although it hit 89 degrees here, we'll take it!

I hope you caught your own breeze today!

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment